I friend! I have a Big List of Cheap Meals for a Month with Useful Printable you can print and use! With all of this crazy virus madness going on, I reeeally want to help you not to panic regarding food, groceries and Budget Friendly Meals you can make.
Making meals on the cheap is really my specialty! I guess that’s what happens…when money is tight you learn to meal plan for a month on a budget!
Big List of Cheap Meals for a Month with Useful Printable
Sometimes all we need is a list in front of our eyes to remind us “yes! I DO have food to eat”
Remember that my list will very slightly from yours as your family may like different foods than ours. You’ll still get some great ideas and if you need help…please ask in the comments! I’m here to help!
My hope for you is that by giving you lots of choices and showing you how to mix and match them, that you’ll end up with a month of meals!
By the way as you look at the list below, remember…most people eat the same things over and over. We are creatures of habit and after studying my family and asking many other Moms over the years…it turns out most people DO eat their favorite foods over and over.
This list is meant to give you ideas for Dirt Cheap Meals! It is not comprehensive but a springboard so that you can feel confident that you DO have something you can eat.
What should you eat when your broke?
Cheap Meals for Breakfast:
Remember these foods aren’t served every single day. By storing a large variety of different foods, you won’t get bored and it will keep
- Cereal ~ some cereals can be served hot AND cold
- Eggs ~ they cheap and full of protein ~ stock up!
- Oatmeal ~ super cheap in bulk ~ you can also use for granola and homemade muffins
- Pancakes ~ I’ve got some yummy creative pancake recipes that are cheap too!!
- Hash browns ~ Potatoes are so cheap! I have 21 Budget Potato Recipes!
- Grits ~ cheap in bulk also
- Toast, Homemade Muffins, Bagels (you can make your own for cheap), English Muffin ~
- Fruit ~ gotta have fruit
- French Toast ~ IT’S EASY and you can freeze for later too!
- Waffles ~ I like to make French Toast Waffles or traditional…both deelish, cheap and easy
- Easy Breakfast Casseroles ~ don’t over complicate with expensive ingredients. I’ve got some great ones on my site.
- Breakfast Burrito ~ Doesn’t need to be fancy!
- Breakfast Quesadilla ~ eggs and cheese
- Meats…such as bacon, ham, sausage (however this can become costly EXCEPT sometimes I just use ham lunch meat in my meals)
Cheap Meals for Lunch
Mix and match as many ways as you would like! Use some of these for dinner if you don’t want to use them for lunch!
- Egg Salad Sandwich
- Chicken Salad Sandwich ~ use canned chicken or cooked chicken breast
- Tuna Sandwich ~ so cheap!
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich w/ Homemade Vegetable or Tomato Soup
- Soup ~ Homemade or Canned
- Deli Sandwiches ~ although deli meat can get a little expensive
- Salads ~ taco (using leftover taco meat from a dinner), serve Tuna, chicken or egg salad on a bed of greens ~ your choice
- Quesadilla ~ Cheese or Chicken and Cheese
- Nachos ~
- Leftover dinner
- Burritos ~ Beans, rice and cheese OR add taco meat from a night before dinner
Cheap Meals for Dinner
Well this list of Cheap Meals for Dinner could go on and on forever, so I’m going to just give you a good amount to start because I don’t want you to get overwhelmed. The thing is, that once you start making some of these, you’ll starting getting your own ideas for dinners!
That’s what makes this List of Meals for a Month so great! It’s simply a template and a jumping off point for you to become your own creative cook for once a month meals for a budget.
- Meatball Sub Sandwiches ~ either make your own meatballs or buy from the store. Then simply cook in the oven, while they cook warm up some spaghetti sauce and your hoagie rolls. Top with cheese! You can also make Homemade Kaiser rolls…YUM!
- BBQ Pork Sandwiches or Chicken
- Breakfast for Dinner
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese ~ So easy! Freeze any leftovers for another dinner or serve for lunch the next day
- Layered Beef Bake
- Chicken Broccoli or Taco Baked Potato Bar
- Creamy Baked Million Dollar Chicken Spaghetti
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Taco Meal
- Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Stir Fry
- Frozen Hamburger Recipes ~ super easy
- Sloppy Joes
- Homemade Hot Pockets ~ Garlic Chicken, Pepperoni, Cheeseburger or any filling you like!
- Homemade Bagel Bites
One of the cheapest ways that I know to save money on meals is to learn how to make bread dough! Do this allows you to make ALL KINDS of delicious foods for pennies!
Once you learn to make a basic bread dough you can make Homemade Pizzas and so much more!!