I received a text the other day from my son… “Oh by the way Mom, I’m suppose to be bringing something for a Potluck Dinner tonight up here at the High School” It was 4 pm and I was up to my eyeballs in kids and other projects with NO groceries in the house! I have learned to ask God right away when I need ideas for something fast and quick! Just when I’m about to panic and think..there is nothing in my cupboards, He always gives me ideas!
This is why it’s so important to have just a few basics in your cupboard and fridge all the time. It doesn’t have to be much..just a few things and boom..a meal fit for a King…well maybe not a King, but for teenagers it was perfect!
Psst..don’t mind the pics..this was on the fly!
Macaroni and Cheese Bake
- 1 Package Pasta ..your choice of size and shape!
- 3 – 4 cups Cheese any combination! (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Colby Jack, Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, American, Parmesan)
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 3/4 cube of Butter
- 3/4 Cup Milk (whole or heavy is best but 2 % works just fine)
- Optional – Any kind of add ins (bacon, veggies, hot dogs )
Boil and Drain Pasta
Add Butter and Milk and stir
Now add your Cheeses and Garlic Salt…I added Swiss, Cheddar and Mozzarella
Stir and pour into a greased 9X13 baking pan
Top with Parmesan Cheese if you like or like I did with American Cheese..I didn’t have enough to cover the whole Macaroni and Cheese Bake so I made a little design..
Cover and Bake in oven for about 20 min. on 350 degrees!
That’s it! Dinner for the Potluck in about 40 min. and oh teens just love this kind of stuff!
- •1 Package Pasta ..your choice of size and shape!
- cups •3 – 4 Cheese any combination! (Cheddar Mozzarella, Colby Jack, Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, American, Parmesan)
- tsp •1 – 1 1/2 . Garlic Salt
- •3/4 cube of Butter
- Cup •3/4 Milk whole or heavy is best but 2 % works just fine
- •Optional – Any kind of add ins (bacon veggies, hot dogs)
- Boil and Drain Pasta
- Add Butter and Milk and stir
- Now add your Cheeses and Garlic Salt
- Stir and pour into a greased 9X13 baking pan
- Top with a little extra cheese
- Cover with foil and cook at 350 degrees for 20 mins