School has started and so have all of the extra curricular activities that go along with it! Basketball for my girls…let’s see…7 days a week between the two of them! Drama for my son…5 days a week! This Homemade Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzone Hot Pocket recipe is perfect for busy week nights! Since I’m always trying to juggle Grand kids and Childcare… Whoosh…I needed some quick and fun ways to keep my family eating healthy and to keep me from getting too tired! LOL! I like to Make lots of different kinds of Hot Pocket Recipes for Freezer Meals and cook up BIG batches of homemade snack foods so that I am ready at all times for something quick and satisfying.
Here’s a quick look at the recipe…scroll down for step by step directions!
Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones
- Homemade or Store Bought Bread Dough
- 1/2 Ground Beef –Cooked and Crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Catsup
- 1 1/2 tsp . Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shake and Bake Parmesan Crusted Perfect for the Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones!
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Shredded Parmesan Romano Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs This is optional
- Cook your Ground Beef, in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Set aside until dough is ready.
- Roll out your dough to about 1/8 of an inch thick and cut small circles
- Put about 1/2 Tbsp. meat mixture in the middle..
- Then add a little Cheddar Cheese on top if you would like it more cheesy.
- Fold over and Crimp edges together with a fork so that everything stays inside or you can use a Cut and Seal
- Dip or Brush with an Egg Wash…(that is just an egg with about a Tbsp. of water mixed together well) This will help the Shake and Bake and Shredded Parmesan to stick to it.
- Dip the Calzones into the Fresh Take
- After coating, put onto a cookie sheet and put into a preheated oven at 350 for 10-15 min
- Let cool on a cooling rack…
Do not be intimidated this is easy! My family LOVED these and they turned out sooo pretty and sooo deelish..
Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones
Kitchen Tools, Gadgets and Doodads needed for Recipe:
- Pampered Chef Cut and Seal ~ I have had this little gadget for years and years and use it still for soo many things…one of them being for Hot Pockets and Mini Calzones!
- Mixing Bowls with rubber bottoms ~ Although I used a glass bowl for this recipe…the below mixing bowls with rubber bottoms are my all time fave to use for mixing. No sliding on counters and they have a handle for holding onto and a pouring spout…another love!
- Silicone Whisks ~ Another love! Can be used with hot or cold…the best!
Ingredients: Homemade Bread Dough (of course you can buy this..it’s perfectly ok)
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Warm Water (a little warmer than warm but not hot)
- 1 Tbsp. Yeast
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
Directions for Homemade Bread Dough (skip past all of this part if you are buying your dough):
Put water into a large bowl, then add sugar and yeast.
Stir up just a little to mix.
Then let sit for about 5-10 min. It will get foamy on top.
Add Olive oil, Salt and Flour and stir.
Now flour the surface of your counter and begin to knead. It’s really just mixing the yeast up more to get through out your bread dough. Just form a pile fold toward you and push away with palm of your hand. Turn about 1/3 of the way and do it again.. continue for about 5 minutes.
The dough will become less and less sticky and more smooth. You can then shape it into a nice little ball to let rise. Set it back into a bowl and cover to let rise for about 45 min. to an hour. It will be double the size.
UPDATE: Kraft no longer makes the Fresh Take Products BUT you can use Shake and Bake and Fresh Grated Parmesan with the exact same yummy results!!
While your dough is rising…make the “insides” of your Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones..
Pour your Shake and Bake and Shredded Parmesan and Panko (if using) into a zip lock bag:
Now for the “insides” of the Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzone….
1/2 Ground Beef –Cooked and Crumbled
1/2 Cup Catsup
1 1/2 tsp. Mustard
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Shake and Bake Parmesan
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- Optional Panko Bread Crumbs
Optional ingredients: Finely chopped onion, hamburger relish, pickles, tomatoes (all finely chopped) Because these are “mini” calzones.
After you cook your Ground Beef, in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Set aside until dough is ready.
Roll out your dough to about 1/8 of an inch thick and cut small circles with a cookie cutter or anything round you have…you can even use a glass! Then put about 1/2 Tbsp. meat mixture in the middle..
Then add a little Cheddar Cheese on top if you would like it more cheesy.
Fold over and Crimp edges together with a fork so that everything stays inside…I have a pasta thingy that crimps the edges together ..that’s why my edges are different…A fork works just as well for sure!
After you have made several…Dip or Brush with an Egg Wash…(that is just an egg with about a Tbsp. of water mixed together well) This will help the Shake and Bake mix to stick to it.
You can either put your Mini Calzones straight into the pouch to coat or put mixture into a dish…I found it easier with the Mini Calzones to put the mixture in a dish. Just because they are a little bit more delicate than just putting meat or something into the pouch.
After coating, put onto a cookie sheet and put into a preheated oven at 350 for 10-15 min.
Let cool on a cooling rack…
That’s it! My family REALLY enjoyed these and I know that you will too!
Put leftovers into a plastic freezer bag and freeze!
Although this seems a little complicated, it really is not. Especially if you buy your Bread Dough..but I know many of my readers like to do things from scratch so there you go
For more deeelish recipes to freeze hop on over HERE
PIN FOR LATER ~