I LOVE making Easy Homemade Pizza Recipes but have you ever wondered What Else Can I Make With Pizza Dough? These 15 Creative Recipe ideas will show you that there are lots of other uses for pizza dough besides Homemade Pizza? I hope you’ll LOVE these different things to do with pizza dough as much as we do!
Quick Links for this Page
- 1 What Else Can I make With Pizza Dough? 15 Creative Recipe Ideas!
- 2 Creative things to do with Pizza Dough
- 3 Calzone/Hot Pocket filling suggestions:
- 4 Bet you’re wondering how do I make homemade pizza better?
- 5 Little Calzones they are usually called Empanada’s
- 6 So if your wondering what to do with pizza dough besides pizza then here we go!
- 7 Homemade Cheesy Filled Breadsticks
- 8 French Bread Spaghetti ~ Just use the Pizza Dough to make the bread!
What Else Can I make With Pizza Dough? 15 Creative Recipe Ideas!
Here is my original Italian pizza dough recipe!
Creative things to do with Pizza Dough
Homemade Calzones or Hot Pockets are a big hit at my house. Make dough, roll out as you would a smaller pizza, place desired filling in center (Do not fill clear to edge, leave about an inch at the edge for folding and pressing edges together), fold over and crimp or fold edges up! That’s it!
Calzone/Hot Pocket filling suggestions:
BBQ’d Chicken or Pork Filling – shred Chicken or Pork and add Mozzarella cheese
Spinach-Ricotta Filling – Sauté onion and garlic, spinach, mozzarella, ricotta, and pizza sauce. You can add meat too if you want.
Dessert Calzone – Brie, Thinly sliced and Peeled Apple wedges and crumbled bacon. Sprinkle just a little cinnamon and sugar over apples, Sprinkle outside of Calzone with some cinnamon and sugar. Mmm
Broccoli and Chicken – Mix 1 can Cream of Chicken soup, 1 T mayo, 1/4 –1/2 tsp. curry powder, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped chicken and chopped broccoli and mix.
Breakfast Calzone – fill with Scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, red or green peppers, onion, cheese of your choice..you can even add hash browns.
All of these Calzones can be cooked at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown! These can also be frozen! Yay!
These are just some of our favorites but you can really make just about any kind of Calzone you want.
Homemade Pizza dough is sooo good though…just saying.
Bet you’re wondering how do I make homemade pizza better?
When making dough you can add various other ingredients –
- add fresh minced Garlic
- add Parmesan, sharp Cheddar, Mexican blend cheeses
- Garlic Powder..just a little
- Onion Powder..just a little
Little Calzones they are usually called Empanada’s
Then you can fill with all sorts of yummies:
- Taco Meat..Beef or Chicken
- Beans – Black Beans or Re-fried Beans – any beans (already cooked)
- Chicken that’s been cooking in Enchilada Sauce all day and shredded..Mmmm
Have a Pizza Party! This was the big hit at our house year after year!
- Make Dough
- Let the KIDS roll out there own dough
- Let the KIDS put sauce, cheese and any other toppings they want on the pizza
Trust me..you and your child’s party will be a hit! It also takes up a good amount of time, so that’s great too! Who cares if they make a little mess..remember we are making memories here.
Ok..I can’t resist one last little hint..you can put a little olive oil on the outside of crust and sprinkle LOTS of Parmesan cheese and garlic salt on it before you cook it! Mmm
So if your wondering what to do with pizza dough besides pizza then here we go!
French Bread Spaghetti ~ Just use the Pizza Dough to make the bread!
So those are the things you can make with pizza dough! Enjoy!
If you are interested in Bread Baking you might enjoy these 20 Easy Homemade Bread Recipes Anyone Can Make!