Make your own Homemade Snack Food for Kids! Hope everyone is having a great Summer so far! I’m just wondering if your house is like mine and your cupboards are beginning to look a little bare? Boy kids can EAT can’t they!? The problem? It breaks the food budget, so all of those special frozen items and snacks I might buy sometimes on sale at the store are O.U.T. OUT!
But then what does one do?
Make your own Homemade Snack Food for Kids!
There are just some absolutes that I need to have on hand in my kitchen to make the below snacks..but many are the same and just used in different ways!
So here you go:
String Cheese –
- Dip fruit in yogurt and freeze
- Mix some yogurt with fruit and top with toasted coconut or Granola
- Smoothies! So make your own Smoothie Cubes to cut down on the mess and time it takes! YAY!
Fruit, Fruit and more Fruit –
- Bananas – Make Banana Ice Cream! 1 ingredient NO ice cream machine! Deelish
- Top your Ice Cream with Homemade Caramel Sauce!
- Cantaloupe – Make More DEELISH Ice Cream with this Cantaloupe Ice Cream recipe! No Ice Cream machine needed!
- Apples – Dip your apples in the Homemade Caramel Dip .
Don’t forget the Veggies
- Avocado – Make Guacamole! Oh YUM! (psst not just for the kids!)
Must have the goodies to make up some Chicken or Cheese Quesadillas at all times!
Have Pizza ingredients on hand at ALL TIMES for when the kids have all of their friends over and then say “so and so are staying for dinner!”
Make Hot Pockets!
Nachos – Oh Yum and so easy..Tortilla Chips with Cheese on top or go fancy and put Taco Meat and Veggies!
Personal size Bean and Cheese Pizza
Anything on a Stick is good! Try these super simple Sausage and Biscuits on a Stick. Just cut the sharp ends OFF!
Everything just tastes a little better with a little dip to kids! Here are 4 YUMMY dips for some dippin FUN!
Popcorn is a super simple and very inexpensive way to have a tasty snack. BUT you can also jazz popcorn up! Try this deelish Homemade Kettle Corn Recipe! It will be a hit!
Deviled Eggs are super simple and packed with protein! The kids will love them.
Make some Easy Homemade Bagel Bites! Yep! Just like what you buy in the stores!
How is that for starters!
For more inspiration and recipes:
Have a Blessed Day! 34
Linking up with: More link parties