This weekend I made this homemade Easy Caramel Apple Dip Recipe out of part of my Moms Caramel Candy recipe. If you love recipes like this, you will LOVE my Easy Homemade Caramel Popcorn Recipe! One of the reason I made it was to get my kids to eat more apples! I love to create all kinds of yummy recipes that kids love to eat!
I adapted this recipe caramel apple dip to my liking (it called for white sugar) I prefer Brown for something like this. After looking around the internet too, I found that it’s pretty much made the same just about everywhere you look…with very basic ingredients. So enjoy and serve up this deelish sauce with Apples for a special treat…now and then.
Easy Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
Do you want your kids to eat fruit and veggies but have a hard time getting them to eat them on a regular basis? Well kids get bored of the same old foods served up the same old way, just like we do. If you have older kids..it’s even harder to encourage them to eat their fruits and veggies..that is.. without a little enticing.
What goes with Caramel Dip ~
- Makes a yummy sauce for ice cream! Definitely need to let cool though first.
- Dip your pretzels
- Over popcorn…yum!
- Drizzle over pancakes or waffles
- Drizzle over Brownies
- Mix a dab with plain yogurt
- Add a little salt at the end of cooking to make Salted Caramel
- Drizzle over Pumpkin Pie
- Dip your favorite cookies into your Caramel Sauce
- With Cinnamon & Sugar Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tbls. Butter
- 1 tbls. white Karo Syrup
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Cute container to put your Caramel Apple Dip into
This makes a very small batch, so if you want to store and save more…just double, triple the recipe.
Put all in ingredients into a saucepan and heat up over medium heat.
Do not boil until real thick or it will turn into a hard crack candy rather than a smooth creamy consistency.
The Caramel Apple Dip will thicken upon standing..You can put into frig for later…if it thickens more than you like just put into the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften.
Which Apples are Best for Dipping?
Honestly, you can use any kind of apple that you love. Here is a simple list of the best apples “I” think are good for dipping:
- Granny Smith ~ I love the sweet and sour taste
- Golden Delicious ~ Nice mild flavor so the Caramel Dip is really the star
- Gala ~ pretty inexpensive
- Fuji ~ these are also inexpensive and delish
How do You Cut Apples for Dipping
Cut apples into wedges for the easiest dipping. Cut the wedges for the size of little hands. So you decide whether the wedges should be thick or thin.
More Homemade Snacks for Kids:
- Homemade Hot Pockets
- Smore’s Kabobs on Skewers
- Foot Long Hot Dogs
- Homemade Caramel Popcorn ~ like from the fair!
Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
- cup •1 Brown Sugar
- tbls •4 . Butter
- tbls •1 . white Karo Syrup
- cup •1/2 Heavy Cream
- tsp •1 . Vanilla
- Put all in ingredients into a saucepan and heat up over medium heat.
- Bring to a low boil and boil until it starts to thicken. About 3-4 minutes…Do not boil until real thick or it will turn into a hard crack candy rather than a smooth creamy consistency
- Remove from the stove and add Vanilla
- Stir and that’s it…YUM!
- Use right away or pour into a container. It will be hot, hot, hot so be careful if you use right away. Give a minute or two to cool down.
- The Caramel Apple Dip will thicken upon standing..You can put into frig for later…if it thickens more than you like just put into the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften.