School has started and so have all of the extra curricular activities that go along with it! Basketball for my girls…let’s see…7 days a week between the two of them! Drama for my son…5 days a week! Then trying to juggle Grandkids and Childcare… Whoosh…
I need some quick and fun ways to keep my family eating healthy and to keep me from getting too tired! LOL! I like to cook up BIG batches of homemade snack foods so that I am ready at all times for something quick and satisfying. I was really excited to come up with this fun and easy recipe for Kraft Fresh Take and share it with you…my awesome readers!
- Homemade or Store Bought Bread Dough
- ½ Ground Beef –Cooked and Crumbled
- ½ Cup Catsup
- 1½ tsp. Mustard
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Kraft Fresh Take Cheddar Jack & Bacon (Perfect for the Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones!)
- Cook your Ground Beef, in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Set aside until dough is ready.
- Roll out your dough to about ⅛ of an inch thick and cut small circles
- Put about ½ Tbsp. meat mixture in the middle..
- Then add a little Cheddar Cheese on top if you would like it more cheesy.
- Fold over and Crimp edges together with a fork so that everything stays inside
- Dip or Brush with an Egg Wash…(that is just an egg with about a Tbsp. of water mixed together well) This will help the Kraft Fresh Take to stick to it.
- Dip the Calzones into the Fresh Take
- After coating with the Kraft Fresh Take, put onto a cookie sheet and put into a preheated oven at 350 for 10-15 min
- Let cool on a cooling rack…
Do not be intimidated this is easy! My family LOVED these and they turned out sooo pretty and sooo deelish..
Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones
Kitchen Tools, Gadgets and Doodads needed for Recipe:
- Pampered Chef Cut and Seal ~ I have had this little gadget for years and years and use it still for soo many things…one of them being for Hot Pockets and Mini Calzones!
- Mixing Bowls with rubber bottoms ~ Although I used a glass bowl for this recipe…the below mixing bowls with rubber bottoms are my all time fave to use for mixing. No sliding on counters and they have a handle for holding onto and a pouring spout…another love!
- Silicone Whisks ~ Another love! Can be used with hot or cold…the best!
Ingredients: Homemade Bread Dough (of course you can buy this..it’s perfectly ok)
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Warm Water (a little warmer than warm but not hot)
- 1 Tbsp. Yeast
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
Directions for Homemade Bread Dough (skip past all of this part if you are buying your dough):
Put water into a large bowl, then add sugar and yeast.
Stir up just a little to mix.
Then let sit for about 5-10 min. It will get foamy on top.
Add Olive oil, Salt and Flour and stir.
Now flour the surface of your counter and begin to knead. It’s really just mixing the yeast up more to get through out your bread dough. Just form a pile fold toward you and push away with palm of your hand. Turn about 1/3 of the way and do it again.. continue for about 5 minutes.
The dough will become less and less sticky and more smooth. You can then shape it into a nice little ball to let rise. Set it back into a bowl and cover to let rise for about 45 min. to an hour. It will be double the size.
While your dough is rising…make the “insides” of your Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones and you Kraft Fresh Take Ready..
Open pouch for the Kraft Fresh Take:
I love how the Kraft Fresh Take works! So convenient and easy…cheese and breadcrumbs are separated by a seal in the middle. When ready to use simply open package and pull apart so that the two compartments become one! Then mix the two together! Easy peasy…love it!
Now for the “insides” of the Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzone….
1/2 Ground Beef –Cooked and Crumbled
1/2 Cup Catsup
1 1/2 tsp. Mustard
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Kraft Fresh Take Cheddar Jack & Bacon (Perfect for the Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones!)
Optional ingredients: Finely chopped onion, hamburger relish, pickles, tomatoes (all finely chopped) Because these are “mini” calzones.
After you cook your Ground Beef, in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Set aside until dough is ready.
Roll out your dough to about 1/8 of an inch thick and cut small circles with a cookie cutter or anything round you have…you can even use a glass! Then put about 1/2 Tbsp. meat mixture in the middle..
Then add a little Cheddar Cheese on top if you would like it more cheesy.
Fold over and Crimp edges together with a fork so that everything stays inside…I have a pasta thingy that crimps the edges together ..that’s why my edges are different…A fork works just as well for sure!
After you have made several…Dip or Brush with an Egg Wash…(that is just an egg with about a Tbsp. of water mixed together well) This will help the Kraft Fresh Take to stick to it.
You can either put your Mini Calzones straight into the pouch to coat or put mixture into a dish…I found it easier with the Mini Calzones to put the mixture in a dish. Just because they are a little bit more delicate than just putting meat or something into the pouch.
After coating with the Kraft Fresh Take, put onto a cookie sheet and put into a preheated oven at 350 for 10-15 min.
Let cool on a cooling rack…
That’s it! My family REALLY enjoyed these and I know that you will too! The Cheddar Jack and Bacon was a perfect match for my Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Calzones!
Put leftovers into a plastic freezer bag and freeze!
Although this seems a little complicated, it really is not. Especially if you buy your Bread Dough..but I know many of my readers like to do things from scratch so there you go
The Kraft Fresh Take was really easy to find in the Dairy section with the other Cheese’s and guess what!? I bought it for $1.98 at Walmart!
For more deeelish recipes to freeze hop on over HERE
Linking up with: In and Out of the Kitchen, Titus 2 Tuesday, Homemaking Link Up, Wholehearted Wednesdays, Wise Woman Linkup, Show and Share Wednesdays, Whatever goes Wednesday, What’s cookin Wednesday, Homemaking Party, I’m Lovin It, Farm Blog Hop, It’s Fall Yall, Monday Inspiration, The Better Mom, Tutorial Tuesday, Weekend Re-Treat, Foodie Friends Friday, Foodie Friday, Weekend Potluck