I have partnered with some amazing Moms to bring you this “Letters to Moms Blog Hop” (that you can find at the end of this post), These letters will be anything from a letter to our own moms, a letter to ourselves, a letter to a mother figure, or a generalized letter to a group of moms, such as weary moms, hopeless moms, expecting moms, single moms…….
Maybe one of these letters will speak to you! Enjoy each and every one of these beautiful letters Mom…because you are special.
Dear Grieving Mom,
Yesterday I learned of something that will change our family forever and I was again reminded of how much of life is spent in the grieving process. It is filled with joy too of course, but the grieving…I don’t think we realize just how much we do of it.
I sometimes wonder if we realize that it’s just ok to grieve.
- So to the Mom who wanted the perfect family with the perfect children, grieve.
- To the Mom who wanted a perfect husband, grieve.
- To the Mom who must work outside the home but doesn’t want to, grieve.
- To the Mom that just learned her child has a serious illness, grieve.
- To the Mom who’s child is picked on at school, grieve.
- To the Mom who is working through emotional issues, grieve.
- To the Mom who is caught in the cycle of alcoholism/drug addiction, grieve.
- To the Single Mom who’s choice it was not to be single, grieve.
- To the heart of the Mom who longs to be a Mom, grieve.
- To the Mom who lost their baby to heaven, grieve.
- To the Mom….fill in the blank
Everyday is an opportunity to grieve, to feel it to it’s fullest and move forward. Forward to healing, forward to freedom and forward to joy.
Sometimes joy comes quickly and sometimes very slowly, but it is there, waiting for us to grab on to it.
[Tweet “Joy is not a thing but a person…God himself is our joy.”]
Though circumstances and people may not change and our emotions are up and down…only one thing is constant…
[Tweet “God never changes and He alone is the Joy Maker.”]
He loves us, He holds us, He saves our tears in a bottle and hears each cry of our heart.
He’s constant and consistent.
My sweet grieving Mom ~ fix your eyes with me on the Author and Finisher of our faith ~ Jesus
Look around today and know that the Mom standing next to you in the grocery store is probably grieving something too. Whether big or small, it is all important.
Give her a smile even if you can hardly manage it…because they may not know the One who is the Joy Maker.
If you are unfamiliar with the 5 steps of grieving, they are Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. I did a little series on this topic if you want to learn more.
- How to Grieve ~ It’s not the Same for Everyone
- How to Grieve ~ The 5 Stages of Grief
- How to Grieve ~ There’s One Way Out
Linking up with these great parties!