We live in a crazy world don’t we? Just turn on the news for a few minutes and everyday you hear of more and more threats to our safety and peace. The other day I mentioned in a post that our family had gone through a super bizarre crisis over the Thanksgiving holiday. My daughter had a death threat scare!
The Monday before Thanksgiving I got a phone call from my 14 year old daughters school principal. They informed me that her and another girls Google account had been hacked and that they were discovering some disturbing emails that had been sent to them.
Now the reason they have Google accounts in the first place is because they use the Google Docs, Drive etc. They never use their emails for anything, as teachers and students are not allowed to communicate one on one. So a few weeks worth of emails were piled up from a student that was threatening these two girls.
The school district was on it right away and police detectives and IT detectives were brought in on immediately.
At first it seemed like a bunch of nonsense and a very distasteful bad joke, but by Wednesday the IT guys had uncovered a rape and death threat directly to my daughter! YIKES!! Not only were there detailed graphic threats, this person had written down our address and threatened coming to our home to carry out his devious plan!
I know you can just imagine how scary that was…
But for some reason I had such a peace. Of course it was from God. My 14 year old said to me “MOM, aren’t you scared? Aren’t you worried? You act like it doesn’t even phase you!”
Oh my! Sweet daughter of mine…do I care?? When she’s a Mom she will know just HOW MUCH I care.
I have been through SO MUCH in my lifetime…craziness is almost too lax of a term. LOL This last year alone, our family went through so much. I haven’t shared as it has been extremely personal. You never know what a day will bring and how quickly your life can be turned upside down…I’m sure you know.
Why was I so calm, why did I have peace? Umm nope I’m not super woman…not even close.
I simply have a super God. With super powers, super knowledge, super love, super protection, super… well you get what I mean.
The thing is I’ve learned just how weak I really am through so many trials.
Here are some of the most important things I’ve learned and why there’s peace and calm in crisis:
- God is always in control (umm ya I forget this one when a crisis first hits, but then I remember…)
- Nothing surprises God! Sometimes I may know God is in control, but I forget that the situation didn’t take God by surprise! He knows, he knew. I might not like it either, like when my sister died of AIDS or my husband became addicted to prescription drugs. (due to being rear ended so many times..he’s clean now though) I’ve thought, “well if you knew God, why did you let it happen God??”
- Then I trust Him, because every trial and every tragedy has brought me closer and closer to God. He has proven his character over and over, to be all loving, all understanding, all protecting.
- I DON’T let my emotions take control of me. I’m an emotional person and this has taken many years to get a grip on. Do I cry, scream, argue, plead with God…yep! I get it out of my system..because after all, we are only human. However when I’m done…I move into acceptance.
- BREATH ~ I know some things are so hard that just breathing day in and day out is hard. Breath.
- I believe that every single word in the Bible is true. The word of God is active and alive and relevant for TODAY! No matter the circumstance, if I will just take time to open up God’s word, he is faithful to give me just what I need for that moment, that day, that week.
With this crazy death/rape threat thing, these are the verses God brought me to share with my daughter as I spent time in his Word ~ 2 Chronicles 20:29:
This is an amazing biblical account of how God worked and fought on behalf of Jehoshaphat and his kingdom. They were afraid because they new that they could not defeat their enemy…If you are facing trouble that seem insurmountable and you are feeling attacked in some way…claim God’s promises to protect you and fight for you! He will!
Print these Scriptures out and hang them where you can see them every day!
More verses I LOVE in this passage of scripture:
“As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated.” 2 Chron 20:22 (notice..as they began to sing and praise!)
“The fear of God came on all the surrounding kingdoms when they heard how the LORD had fought against the enemies of Israel.” 2 Chron 20:29 Umm ya don’t mess with God’s people!
We must teach our children that God is with them always…
Our perpetrator has been caught and there is a criminal investigation, so I can’t say more…
But the answer to my daughters concern…I seem like it doesn’t even bother me…
Not so much when I know the creator of the universe is already there, even with a death threat.
So that’s what’s new at our house…always something…but God is always in that something.
Linking up with these awesome parties!