There is nothing like being a first time Mommy. All of the attention, pampering and excitement adds to the pleasure of bringing a brand new baby into the world. There are also the worries that go along with bringing a brand new baby into the world. Here are 13 secrets every first time mommy needs to know that will bring you peace and enjoyment in your new mama parent role!
There are 13 secrets every first time mommy needs to know ~
- You are everything your baby needs. It’s easy to get a little panicky when you first have that beautiful little bundle in your arms, but trust me…you were made just for that very baby (even if sometimes it doesn’t seem so). Trust God for that.
- It’s OK to ask for help. I’m a DIY type of person, but after 7 kids I’ve learned it’s ok to ask for help! Ha! Yes I’m a slow learner! If you need a little help with housework ask for it! Ask your Mom, ask your husband, ask a friend. Just ask!
- Babies cost money to raise, whether planned expenses or unexpected expenses, there will be a need to have a little money set aside for such occasions. As babies get bigger, they need more. Food comes into the picture, clothing and sometimes medical expenses. Don’t get caught off guard!
- Just when you think you’ve got it figured out…the baby changes! Don’t let this throw you! Oh yes…you’ve figured out that secret formula that works just for your baby! You’ve figured out how to get them to sleep, what makes them happy etc. Life is complete bliss for about 1 week. Then all of a sudden the baby changes…again! Babies are growing at such an amazing rate. Everything about them changes…their little emotions, their physical needs. I’m afraid it’s back to the drawing board. This cycle will happen over and over again. Take heart…there will be longer and longer spaces in between! Know that it’s not you, it’s just a season.
- You are going to be tired..no way around it. Sleep whenever you can! Sleep when the baby sleeps. The housework can wait…you have got to get your sleep to function properly and for good health.
- All babies are different, so what works for one baby might not work for yours. Don’t compare your baby with other babies…that my sweet friend is a recipe for discontent. OR worse yet, pride.
- In the same fashion, be careful about seeking too many opinions. Everyone has an opinion, sometimes those opinions are good and sometimes not. Seek God about all decisions concerning your precious baby.
- Babies will cause stress in a marriage. It doesn’t matter if you already have a good or difficult marriage..a sweet baby will cause some stress. It’s best to be realistic about this.
- Babies will bring you closer with your spouse. That seems a little contradictory doesn’t it? There is a special bond between husband and wife when having a child together. Even if adopting…it’s a bond that only the two of you share together.
- Some days you will wonder if you should ever have had a baby…um yes…sometimes you just will. Talk it out with someone.
- It’s ok to take a break! As a matter of fact it’s super important to get a break now and then. Whether it’s just going to the grocery store by yourself…take a break. If your spouse is not available to give you a break, trade break time with friends.
- Don’t compare yourself to other Moms! Just like you shouldn’t compare your baby with others, don’t compare yourself with others. You are you and you are a wonderful Mom!
- Nothing lasts forever. The hard times don’t last, thank goodness and the good times don’t last forever, so enjoy them while you have them. Remember parenting is a marathon not a sprint.
PIN FOR LATER!
If you are planning a baby shower these Little Smokie Airplanes are a fun appetizer!