If you have noticed by now…I don’t like to waste food! I use leftovers as much as possible. I recently added this recipe to my Budget Potato Recipes. These Easy Potato Pancakes with Leftover Mashed Potatoes are so yummy and you can really have them with any meal… breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Quick Links for this Page
Easy Potato Pancakes with Leftover Mashed Potatoes
Can you eat cold mashed potatoes?
Well yes you can but they are so much better in my opinion warmed up and seasoned! Leftover mashed potatoes last only 3 to 5 days so be sure and use them up according to that time frame. That’s why these potato pancakes from mashed potatoes and such a great easy recipe!
- 2 Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Optional – Bread Crumbs, Crackers (like Ritz or Club), Cereal (like crushed Corn Flakes)
- 1/2 tsp. or less Seasoning of your Choice – Garlic Salt, Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper
Other ingredients you can add if you’d like to up your leftover mashed potato patties game:
Tip: Leftover mashed potatoes patties are best made in a non stick frying pan.
Enjoy this easy tutorial for how to make potato pancakes from leftover mashed potatoes.
Making Mashed Potato Patties is like making Meatballs…sort of….
Wondering why do my potato pancakes fall apart??
It’s the egg! Eggs are used as binders in recipes and holds ingredients together. Not such a secret after all!
So add egg and gently mix in.
Mix and then add Bread Crumbs or Crackers or Cereal and Seasoning … mix well. I used Italian Bread Crumbs this time.
Then just form into Patties like you would a hamburger patties. Fry in a pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking oil.
Cook until golden brown on medium heat.
These are super delicious! Serve with breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Make these Easy Potato Pancakes with Leftover Mashed Potatoes a tradition! By the way…you CAN use instant potatoes too!
PIN FOR LATER:
Easy potato pancakes with leftover mashed potatoes ~ only 4 ingredients! How do you keep potato pancakes from falling apart? I'll show you!
- Cups •2 Mashed Potatoes
- •1 Egg
- Cup •1/2 Optional – Bread Crumbs Crackers (like Ritz or Club), Cereal (like crushed Corn Flakes)
- tsp •1/2 . or less Seasoning of your Choice – Garlic Salt Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper
- Making Mashed Potato Patties is like making Meatballs…sort of….
- Add egg-
- Mix and then add Bread Crumbs/Crackers/Cereal and mix some more…
- Then just form into Patties like you would a hamburger
- Then Fry until Golden Brown