With great honor and pleasure I have been asked to review the new Woman’s Study Bible by Thomas Nelson. All opinions are strictly mine. I was given a copy in return for my review by Shelton Interactive.
Wow, was I totally excited to be given the opportunity to review the new Woman’s Study Bible by Thomas Nelson! I guess I’ve already said that! LOL So here’s the scoop…..
This is the new gender inclusive bible. So what does that mean? That means that all of the genders he’s/she’s and men/women have been changed to be all inclusive..such as they, theirs, their, everyone…you get the idea…it’s inclusive..
BUT the Woman’s Study Bible in no way ever changes the Gender of our heavenly Father.
God is NEVER referred to as a woman. Just had to say that right out!
Now before you tune out and find offense…let me continue…
When I received the new Woman’s Study Bible the first thing I did was show it to my husband…he is a bible FANATIC! I would say he is a scholar of different versions really. He has studied the languages and translations for years. He used to be a King James only, then a New King James..and so on. He never could understand why I would only read the NIV. I told him “that’s the one I hear God’s voice the clearest!” How could he argue that..LOL
Anyway back to the new translation…
He had actually been reading up on this bible before it ever reached our doorstep…he was a little skeptical but interested. A day later he turned it over to me with a blessing and pretty much said “Very nice Study Bible” I asked what he thought about the gender inclusive..which by the way is explained in very understandable language and in great length in the beginning of this version as to WHY they wrote this translation..his answer..it’s pretty much like studying some of the more wordy translations but with better study notes and references!
My turn…I REALLY like it! Some of the highlights:
- Fantastic Study notes…if you have questions regarding the translation even a bit..the study notes are very thorough!
- I love the maps…they show not only where important Saints of the past have been, but it gives Bible verses so that you can find just “where” in the Bible these historical accounts take place.
- This bible is FILLED to the brim with detailed historical information (one blog post could never cover all that is included!)
- There are TONS of relevant and biblical applications to the issues of women in today’s society..such as organization, child care, weight control! and much MUCH more!
- Topical Reference
- Inspiring articles by awesome women of faith…
Check out this awesome resource in Titus..oh and this is only ONE! There are many others…
So my opinion on the new Woman’s Study Bible by Thomas Nelson…a HUGE..YES! I admit that it took me a few tries to get used to the little differences in translation..BUT this is such an excellent study bible that I just asked the Lord to help me to adjust…and of course He did.
This is an excellent devotional or study bible..or for me… both 🙂
If you have any specific questions about this bible, I would be more than happy to answer them….this blog post alone won’t cover everything you may have questions about when looking for a great bible.