With the holiday’s fast approaching I thought I’d give you some of my super duper low cost, quick, easy recipes a couple days a week. These are not amazingly original..but quick and easy no brainers….Plus VERY low cost. So here is the first one..Tortellini!
- 1 or 2 bags of Frozen Tortellini..any brand (use the amount that would fit the size of your family)
- 1 or 2 cans of Spaghetti Sauce..any brand (use one can per bag of Tortellini)
- Mozzarella or any kind of cheese you have on hand (I used shredded Romano and Parmesan)
- 1/2 water
- Pour Frozen Tortellini into a greased baking dish – (for easy clean up)
- Pour Spaghetti Sauce over the top
- Pour 1/2 cup of water around the edges. This is so the pasta does not dry out while baking.
- Cover with foil
- Bake in oven at 375 –400 depending on you time factor..for 35-40 mins (Now I’m free to go about doing other things)
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Cheese
- Put back into heated oven for about 5 min. or until cheese melts
In this meal I did not use a lot of cheese on top since I used Cheese Tortellini. Of course you can use any Flavor Tortellini you want and as much cheese as you want.
The overall Cost of my dinner: $5.39 to feed my family of 4 that night..my son wasn’t home and we had no company or I would have added 1 more Tortellini and Sauce
- 1 bag Tortellini $2.50
- 1 can Spaghetti Sauce .89 cents
- Sprinkle of cheese .50 cents (maybe less
- Caesar Salad $1.50
- French Bread…pennies (I make my own)
Would you like to make your own French Bread? I promise this French Bread is so super easy!