I love to write! Bet you couldn’t have guessed that though! LOL I was writing long before I ever had a blog. As a matter of fact many YEARS before I had ever even knew what a blog was. Actually I didn’t know what a blog was until about 5 years ago! I know crazy.
I would love for you to find joy in learning how to Journal. Whether you are just starting or have been doing it for years..it’s sometimes easy to run into a brick wall and wonder why do it at all! Before I get started I just want to say that since I started blogging..5 years ago I have pretty much stopped journaling…except maybe on the weekends. I’ve missed it so much, but could hardly find time with blogging!
I missed my alone time with the Lord. My God that knows MY heart alone. That knows how to change, convict, love me in ways that no human being can. Oh I talk to the Lord ALL the time..but there is something sooo special about setting aside that time just for God. He honors that….
So what is Journaling? Journaling is simply writing down what is in your heart. That’s really the sum of it. No matter what it is! The good the bad and the ugly! Everything! It’s also hearing from God..seeking what He has to say to you..from His heart to your heart using the Word.
So why would you want to give journaling a try? Well let me give you some reasons that I hope you will consider:
- If the God that created the universe and created you, wants to hear from you and wants to say something to you…don’t you think that’s worth just a little of your time?
- Don’t you want to REMEMBER what God speaks to your heart..gotta write it down. Because years from now you won’t remember.
- When you are going through a hard time it’s very therapeutic to journal it all out. Everything! God somehow has a wonderful way of coming right down and sitting beside us as we pour our hearts out to Him.
- Journaling is not just for the hard times. It’s for praising and thanking God! You know sometimes we forget that and all we do is complain to God.
- Sometimes we forget how good God is when we are in the midst of trials..it’s good to be able to go back and see just how God worked in your life in other hard times. The growth that happens, the faithfulness of God.
- When we run into situations that we have encountered before..but we forget what God said or how we handled it. It’s good to be able to go back and review. God may want us to handle it different this time..but not always..sometimes He just wants us to remember and follow His ways again..confirming the lesson learned from before…
- Journaling doesn’t have to be perfect!!
- You don’t have to have a PERFECT journal..mine are just old composition books
- You don’t have to have the PERFECT words or bible either!
- I do love the pens I mention about though..they are ALMOST perfect! LOL
- Don’t worry about not knowing your way around the bible. It is easy to look up passages, words, phrases. Just like a dictionary. Don’t be intimidated.
Surely you are tempted to give it a try now, right? Now you know how to journal so grab a pen, an old notebook and bible and just get alone with God for ten min. to start. Pour out your heart to Him! Don’t tell anyone but it’s even better than blogging…shhhhh!
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3
So tell me do you journal? Do you want to try? Do you believe God will meet you and show you great and unsearchable things?
Use the printable if you like!
The pens in this post are affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Faith Filled Food for Moms.