This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
My day starts pretty early..as many of yours. I’m up at 5 a.m. having LOTS of coffee and a little breakfast, checking my bloggy stuff then off to grab my Grandkids…then I’m back to my house WITH my Grandkids a couple hours later. During the Summer the schedule is a little different because the kids aren’t in school BUT it’s still crazy busy!
Today I’m excited to share Facts about Drinking Water and Eating Well…while living a busy life!
I’m trying hard to take good care of myself this Summer..I’ve blogged about that too…
By the time I’ve arrived home, IF my teens are home, they have conjured up some sort of place to go or some kind of “fun” outing that MUST take place that very second!
First they must forage the cupboards and frig for food. Then the begging for a deelish breakfast! Ok, you got me there..I can’t resist fixing everyone a healthy breakfast..especially if begged for the a most proper way. LOL
Then it’s running around like a maniac driving kids here and there. I grab a water..trying to be a good girl.
and then back to the Grandkids..who wait anxiously at home for Grammy..
Oh it’s lunch time now? Oooh k….
So Grammy fixes a yummy little lunch for the Grandbabies!
#MyGoodLife consists of serving others mostly, but Mom/Grammy needs to take good care of herself also!
All of a sudden morning turns into 3:00 in the afternoon and I haven’t taken care of me!
Ok..Baby down for a nap..5 year old watching a short video…teens off, well..who knows where!
It’s got to be quick!
It’s got to be good and tasty!
It’s got to be healthy!
I’ve got to eat, hydrate and rest all in a matter of minutes..maybe if I’m super lucky..one whole half hour….even if it’s only for a short bit, I must rest. Or I may not make it through the rest of the day. Which last’s late into the night with teens!
Soo I sneak outside for a bit of rest and yumminess, because I need to take care of me too if I’m going to take care of everyone else.
Facts About Drinking Water:
- Water makes up 92 percent of our blood plasma, 80 percent of our muscle mass, 60 percent of our red blood cells and 50 percent of everything else in our bodies! Umm Ya I’d say Water is mighty important in keeping our bodies healthy and happy! We can’t just have water going out without water coming in. Nice fresh clean water..aahhhh
- Did you know that a human body can survive months without food if it has to, but we can only survive for 3-5 days without water.
- Water helps to flush out the waste in our bodies. It is one of the reasons why water plays such an important roll in weight loss or cleansing.
- Water is essential to proper bowel function – we won’t go into that!
- Water is the only liquid you consume that doesn’t require the body to work to metabolize or excrete it!
- Water is a natural diuretic.
- Water is essential in maintaining muscle tone.
- Water keeps your skin healthy
- You should drink 8-10 8 oz glasses of water a day
So why even mention any of these water facts? I have to remind myself all the time why I need to drink water. I’m the kind of person that needs to know that. I always want to be doing something with purpose, not just because someone said to do it.
God created our bodies in a most amazing way..so let’s work with it to keep them healthy and happy.
One thing that I love about these Nestlé® Pure Life® Purified Water 8 oz. bottles is that you can grab one and you know you are getting just right single serving! I pick these up at Walmart.
I also love these single serving STOUFFER’S® Mac Cups, 2-pk. They are so super quick and to make them even more nutritious and healthy I add..well..anything I have on hand! Veggies always, and sometimes even an apple!
Part of the reason that I add these extras is because I’m a crunchy girl! I like anything with a little crunch! I don’t like soggy vegetables so just adding a little “crunch” makes me happy and I feel like I’m getting a well balanced meal.
I always have a carb with a protein so this is a perfect mix for me and quick too!
Share you super quick meal with me? Are you a crunchy girl like me? What would you add?