Well, we spent many years having our ups and downs. Seeking God when we were desperate enough, only to find that He was right there to give us some very simple solutions anytime we were willing to ask and listen. I’d like to share a few things that worked for us. I hope that they will help you in being a blended family forever.
- ALWAYS include God
- Always take time for your spouse. As hard as it was, my husband and I would go for a walk everyday. Not for just a few minutes either. Take some real time with this. We spent this time really “workin things out” so that when we were together as a family we could have somewhat of an agreement on how things should run.
- The one thing I would say that really worked over anything else was that EVERY night we had a family meeting. I can tell you that these were not easy. It took alot of grace, time and truth to work through some of the most petty things. But to this day our kids refer back to these times and have even implemented this into their own families:)
- Hang in there. Allow these times to change and shape you as well as your children. Allow everyone to have there own feelings and work through them.
- Be confident in your parenting. Don’t back down from things you know are right and true!
- Try to keep a sense of HUMOR. Ask the Lord for this if you can’t seem to find any:) A joyful ♥ is good medicine.
Our family scripture was and still is: “Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails” 1 Corinthians 13:7-8
My shortened version