Summer time is such a fun of year. No more busy school schedules…just time to relax and enjoy our kids. Even if you work outside the home, the stress of making sure homework is done is enough to jump for joy about! Teaching kids how to do things like simple gardening is a fun way to enjoy summer also! To help make your summer even more fun and affordable here are 25 Free Things to Do During the Summer!
Summer can quickly become an expensive time of year too as we try to find things for the kids to do and try to entertain those kiddos. Thankfully many corporations and companies are empathetic toward families in this area and so I wanted to gather up some fantastic free and almost free things to do during the summer.
25 Free Things to do during the Summer!
A couple are ALMOST Free…but very cheap.
We don’t need to entertain kids every single moment but it’s good to get out of the house and go on an adventure once and a while.
We’ve enjoyed many of these fun activities over the years and so I hope you will too.
1. Go on a City Park Discovery in your area…Get a city map and pick 1 park each week. Nature hunt while you there!
2. Kids Bowl for Free all over the country! Yep! 15 and under
3. Go to the Movies for almost Free! Yes!
4. Go on a Scavenger Hunt ~ Some super fun ideas and different creative ways to hunt! Do several over the summer! Can I come? So fun!
5. Make Ice Cream ~ no ice cream maker needed
6. Go Skating …for free! 12 and under
7. Go to a lake and spend the day…or two
9. Join a free library program ~ These aren’t just for reading books (although that is tons of fun), many have fantastic programs like Lego building, Science Projects and so much more! Definitely check out what’s at your local library.
10. Send your kids to a free Bible believing Vacation Bible School or two! I have a friend that used to send her kids to 2 or 3 VBS’s every summer! Her kids loved it and most are free or have a pretty small fee.
11. Call your local Bakery, Fire station, Police Station and go on a field trip with another family.
12. Visit your local museums on free day…most all of them have a free day.
14. Make a garden. This can be as simple as putting seeds into a container!
15. Play outdoor games such as Badminton, basketball, croquet, volleyball
16. Go to the beach and collect seashells or Rocks.
17. Paint Rocks ~ if you have super little ones..let them paint with water.
19. Volunteer at a local food bank, shelter, retirement home.
20. Make a birdfeeder
21. Blow and make homemade bubbles ~ Giant Bubbles are the most fun!
22. Learn about bugs! ~ A magnifying glass costs pennies and will create hours upon hours of FUN!
23. Bake cookies and give them away! Oh and eat some too!
24. Swim at a local pool. Most are sooo cheap and have discounted days/times.
25. Have a water balloon fight…only if your charges can be nice to one another in good fun.
26. Star gazing! Get a book about the stars and lay out under the stars at night to see what constellations you see!
My First Book About Outer Space (Dover Coloring Books for Children)Smart Kids Space: For Kids Who Really Love Space!The Solar System (TIME FOR KIDS® Nonfiction Readers)Smart Kids Space: with more than 30 stickersIndescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids About God and ScienceMoon: A Peek-Through Picture Book
Well I hope that you will find these Free Things to Do During the Summer help you to save a little money and still have fun, all at the same time!
Linking up to these great parties!