Let me just say..I LOVE Spring! So many things I love about it. After a long Fall and Winter it is so refreshing to see the sunshine, the flowers blooming, the little animals that hibernate all winter. The birds that migrate back to this area. It’s just so refreshing! It’s time for Spring cleaning my home and my heart!
Quick Links for this Page
Spring Cleaning My Home and My Heart
To me Spring is when the New Year really begins. I’ve recovered from the holidays, I’ve watched with my windows closed and doors shut…the rain and the snow fall. When Spring comes, it shouts..open your windows, clean out those closets, get those cobwebs! Make your heart right and listen for a fresh vision from the Lord.
Spring represents new things, new and fresh starts. It’s the time of year I do most of my heavy cleaning..not just house work, but also spiritually. I step outside and see all of the new growth on the flowers and trees and look in anticipation at what will pop up soon in my garden..also wondering if some of the bulbs and seeds that I planted last year will come up.
So what’s on my Spring Cleaning List for the House?
- Clean out the closets in every room
- Clean out my pantry
- Clean out my Freezer
- Clean out the Garage
- Donate, Donate, Donate
- Wash walls
- Wash windows
- Wash down cupboards
- Wipe down baseboards
- Clean all of my heating vent covers and all of the bathroom ceiling vents
- Wipe down my blinds and wash curtains (my curtains are washable)
- Clean out paperwork stuff! YUK!
Clean Mama has a WONDERFUL book called The Organically Clean Home: 150 Everyday Organic Cleaning Products You Can Make Yourself–The Natural, Chemical-Free Way . If you love to clean your home with organic cleaning products or want to learn, you will love her book. (I’m a proud affiliate for Clean Mama)
Becky (Clean Mama) also has another book out called: Cleaning Around the Seasons: Deep Cleaning On Your Schedule, it is super helpful if you are struggling or just want a little help with your deep clean planning. Lots of printable lists too!
What about some Spring cleaning for your heart, your spiritual life? It’s important to always keep an insightful and honest look at our relationship with the Lord. To keep what’s working, seek the Lord for new vision and throw out what’s not working.
Because I look at my heart as a garden that God has planted the seed of salvation and His Holy Spirit, I want to make sure that my heart soil is prepared properly. So that whatever fruit God may want to grow in my heart I am thoroughly ready to receive it. Sometimes of course this means some pruning so that I may bear even more and better fruit for His glory. OUCH..
“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalm 139:23-24
This is my Spring Cleaning list for my Heart:
- Access the clutter – what extras in my life are keeping me too busy or distracted from hearing God
- Become accountable to another person if I have areas I need help with
- Take an honest look at anything that is coming between me and God..sin..confess it and enjoy the freedom that God freely gives!
- Examine my close relationships with others..do they glorify God?
- Spend quiet time with God everyday. It’s kind of hard to hear from Him if we don’t spend time with Him. This would mean even in the shower for us Mommies! No excuses.
- Am I open to change?
- Be open to however God wants to use me
- Be excited for what God has for me..even if it seems different than what I might expect! His way is ALWAYS best!
Whether we are cleaning our physical house or spiritual house, we have to actually take action. We can’t just talk about it and expect that it will get done…LOL
Happy Spring Cleaning!
Do you Spring Clean? Your Physical house or your Spiritual house? Give me some of your ideas!