You know the saying “He who fails to plan, plans to fail.” It doesn’t really matter what area we need to work on, the point is that we need to have a plan. There are many areas in ones life where we need planning. It could be: Finances, Emergency Planning, Food planning, Planning a new Baby Arrival…whatever.
I was thinking along the lines of personal issues. Do you have a plan when…
- You are trying to lose a few pounds or truly dieting and you are going to be out for the day. Do you remember to bring healthy snacks so that you don’t eat junk food? If you are going to a potluck or restaurant do you eat a little something healthy before hand so you don’t OVER indulge.
- You are in recovery from Alcohol/Drugs or any other substance…and you know that the weekends pose a huge temptation for you… Or sitting around watching soap operas. Or being around certain people. Do you have a complete plan of escape? An alternative?
- You have a person in your life that is abusive (this could totally be verbally ie. put downs etc.) Do you know what you will say? How you will act and not react?
- You are visiting a difficult family members home? A plan of politely excusing yourself?
- You encounter someone that is gossiping..and you possibly look up to this person? Do you have a plan to confront in love?
We all know our weaknesses, temptaions, or sticky situations we will find ourselves in. Let’s take a look at them and plan to succeed! Start right now:
- Get a piece of paper and write down your circumstance in detail
- Think of alternatives to your situation…write it down
- Play out in your head (from beginning to end) what it will be like or what will happen if you DO NOT make a plan.
- If you can not think of alternatives enlist a healthy friend or two to give some suggestions
- Carry this plan with you! Under stress or temptation we can forget the whole plan.
- Don’t play the “what if ” game! Just make the plan and follow through…you will be blessed even if it’s hard
I Corinthians 10:12-13 “So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”
You may also enjoy: 6 Easy A.C.T.I.O.N. Steps for Reaching Your Goals
What is your healthy plan to succeed?