If you are new to “Finding Christ in the Kitchen” series, you can start here and move forward. Don’t forget to collect the free printables along the way!
Today we are on the second day of Contentment..
It is always good to examine our hearts, I hope you had a chance to do that yesterday with the Lord. To see if you are discontent in the kitchen..
For the sake of staying focused on cooking and the topic of contentment, I would love for you to ask yourself a couple of questions. Answer them honestly, I mean it’s just you and God right!?
- What are the things you are discontent with when it comes to cooking or meal planning?
- Is it time, money, creative ideas? Maybe you are exhausted, maybe your family complains, maybe you just plain hate to cook?
After thinking about these things, journaling them if you are using the journal sheets, let me ask you this:
- Can you change any of these things?
If yes, what are some of the things you CAN change? Pick ONE thing if there are too many difficult things. Ask God to help you think of creative ways to change things a little. You may not get ideas at first but as you ponder doing His will and are open to some changes regarding your meal planning and cooking, you will be amazed at the ideas that come.
Some examples may be…
- Trying not to make meals that are too time consuming or complicated if you are limited on time.
- If you need to be more creative maybe you could check out cookbooks or magazines at the library
- If you are exhausted maybe you could learn to use the crockpot and have someone else do the clean up
- If your family complains…well.. let them complain and don’t react. Once I didn’t make dinner because my family was complaining too much..let’s just say there was a shift in attitude. Did they completely quit complaining? no..but there was a shift. HA!
If you hate cooking, that can be a matter of several things..maybe attitude, not knowing how, fear of failing? That’s between you and God, but I do know that if you bring it before Him…He will show you how to change it.
AND I am willing to help you too!!
Realize that some things can NOT be instantly changed, such as finances, and certainly you cannot change people..that’s Gods job. In the case of finances, we simply must accept that and learn to be creative and content with what we have.
“Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred” Proverbs 15:17
Being content is a daily challenge. It’s having a heart of thankfulness and gratitude for what we DO have. I didn’t say it was easy..it can be a challenge.
List all of the things you are grateful for today…regarding cooking, homemaking, food prep, meal prep..
You are free to use this printable for your personal use…
Be Blessed Today op
linking up with: Pretty Wednesday, WFMW, Welcome Home Wed., Homemaking Linkup, Wise Woman Linkup, Wholehearted Wed., Homemaking party, Little R&R, Winsome Wed., Wonderful Wed., The Mommy Club, Wake Up Wednesday, Thriving Thursday, I Choose Joy, Hearts for Home, Heart Filled Friday, Frugal Crafty Home, Modest Monday, Mama Moments, Mondays Musings, Thank Goodness it’s Monday, MYHSM, Living Proverbs, Mummy Mondays, Parenting Linkup, Busy Monday, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, Made by You Monday, Free Printable Friday