I am participating in a VIN campaign for Clorox® . I am receiving a fee for posting; however, the opinions expressed in this post are my own. I am in no way affiliated with Clorox® and do not earn a commission or percent of sales.
Did you celebrate Grandparents day, September 13? Around here everyday is Grandparents Day…HA, kind of like Mother’s Day…it’s every day! It is fun though to have those special holidays to celebrate.
This last weekend we had 2 of our Grandkids over night. Oooh how I miss babysitting these special little guys everyday! My 6 year old Grandson just started kindergarten…I can hardly believe it. So along with a little cuddling, he wants to go have fun and of course his little Bro wants to do what ever big Bro is doing.
At this time of year money is super tight for us, with High School and sports starting, there are a lot of expenses. We live in such a beautiful area that it is so easy to find simple inexpensive things to do though with our Grandkids and they enjoy it so much.
Here is just a sampling of Fall activities to share with your Grandkids if you need a few ideas.
- Leaves! Look at leaves, crunch the leaves, do a fun leaf craft, go on a Scavenger Hunt! Here is a fun Fall Printable I created last year to do with my Grandkids, feel free to use it:
- Go to a pumpkin patch. This does not have to cost an arm and a leg. Many of the activities on a local farm are free or for donation.
- Paint a Pumpkin, such easy inexpensive fun.
- Go to a local park that they have never gone to before.
- If the kids are old enough, go to a local park and let them ride their bikes. Crunchy leaves are fun under bike tires!
- Bake Fall Cookies in the shape of pumpkins, leaves or Fall flavors (Pumpkin Spice, Apple etc.) together! Try these fun Sugar Cookie Creations!
- Walk in the rain with an umbrella!
- If you are a sports nut, take your Grandkids to a High School Soccer or Football game.
- Go on an outdoor photo shoot with them
- Make Apple Cider
- Go for a hike in the woods, you never know what you might find!
- Collect pinecones.
How’s that for a starter?
The one thing about baking, outdoors and ice cream is that just about anything you do with boys.. are the dirty clothes that can accumulate…HA! Mom has such a tough job, so I do everything I can to make sure that I go the extra mile when sending my Grandkids back home…including the dreaded laundry.
Ok I won’t complain…but if you’ve read my blog for very long you KNOW I hate laundry (because I have so much and it’s never ending). However there are some amazing products out there that make doing laundry a snap with a minimum amount of effort…even on tough dirt! Clorox 2® Stain Remover & Color Booster is one of those that make doing dirty laundry a snap! It brightens and cleans so nicely, not to mention it smells deelish!
2 tips for getting those tough spots out:
- Pre treat
- Never throw the clothing item into the dryer until you check and make sure the spot is OUT. BUT just in case you do throw it in the dryer..like forget..umm ya..then Clorox 2® Stain Remover & Color Booster is specially formulated to REMOVE even dried in, set in dryer set stains. I think that is pretty AMAZING!!
I love that Clorox 2® Stain Remover & Color Booster can be used in the wash to keep colors bright and as a pre-treater for stains. Clorox 2® even works on tough stains like soy sauce, coffee, grass, wine and grape juice. Yay!
Lots of dirt and grime this weekend because you’ve got to live a little, little boys and girls like to get dirty. Pop on over and learn more about how awesome and effective Clorox 2® really is!
You can trust a great company like Clorox® that has been around for many, many years!
Thank you Clorox®!
What do YOU like to do with your Grandkids in the Fall? Do you let getting a little dirty hold you back from having some fun?
Linking up to these great parties!