Every year I redo our budget and every year I like to look ahead to plan for big and little purchases. It is so helpful to have a list of the Sales Cycles for Grocery and Retail Stores! It can be a huge way to save money! It’s called Sales Cycles. I don’t plan all my grocery and retail shopping around this BUT you can plan meals around the Grocery Store sales cycles and save big. I’ve done this for years. This list gives you a good idea of what will go on sale when. Stores usually do the same thing over and over, year after year.
So save money by buying what’s on sale when this year from this 12 month sales cycle list!
Sales Cycles means that retailers plan ahead to know what will possibly be the greatest need for purchasers throughout the year. So it’s really a win win as they all compete to win your business at certain times of the year.
This is just a partial list of course, Companies have there own sales within all these sales. This is just to get you thinking ahead…
- All things related to dieting and healthy eating.
- All kinds of Sodas, Chips, Dips, Cheese, Sandwich Items, Crackers, Snacks..because it’s Super Bowl Sunday
- Cold Remedies, Vitamins and the like.
- I just read that it’s also National Oatmeal Month too..so you can assume Oatmeal will be on sale.
- It’s National Canned Food Month…so LOTS of canned food on sale
- Hot Breakfast Month
- All things Valentine related.. i.e.…candy
- It’s Chinese New Year..so anything related to cooking Asian style
- Frozen Food Month – frozen foods of all kinds
- St. Patrick’s Day – things like Corned Beef
- Anything related to Easter such as Hams, baking supplies, eggs of course
- Earth Day-organics, reusables, eco-friendly
- BBQ ing supplies such at BBQ sauce, charcoal, condiments, chips and stuff like that for Labor Day
- Cinco de Mayo – Mexican food ingredients, such at tortillas, sauces, salsa’s etc.
- Paper products such as paper plates, cups, plastic utensils
- Mother’s Day is also this month so stores will run different specials for special meals
- More BBQ sales – hotdogs, chips, condiments
- Father’s Day – Meats like steaks and such
- Dairy Month – all things Dairy..milk, yogurt, eggs, CHEESE etc.
- BBQ Sales – Meats
- National Ice Cream Month..so ice cream of course
- Back to school things start being promoted so sometimes snacks and foods like lunch items..tuna,
- 4th of July! Lots of outdoor foods
- Back to School – Lots of snacky items, cereal, peanut butter, jelly, deli meats
- Back to School – More Snack foods and Cereals, Breakfast items
- Fall Cooking – Soup making products like soup starters, Promotion and sales of comfort foods i.e.. Chicken pot pies
- Diabetic foods
- Start of Baking supply sales..Pumpkin, sugar, evaporated milk, Chocolate Chips
- Halloween – Candy, Fresh Pumpkins, apples, Carmel apple supplies
- National Seafood Month – Seafood!
- This is a great Pantry Stock up Month..plan ahead!
- Thanksgiving – canned vegetables, lots of other canned goods such as Cranberries, Pumpkin, Tomatoes, Broth, Gravy, Fruit, Baking Supplies of all kinds, Turkey’s, Ham, Stovetop stuffing..you get the idea..stock up!
- Crackers, party trays
- Cocoa, Coffee and Tea
- Salami’s, Cheese’s
- Butter..did you know Butter can be frozen?
- Christmas/Holidays, New Year – More baking sales, crackers, party trays, Salami’s, Cheese’s, Butter, Eggnog, dessert mixes, Pie crusts, Ham
Now with FREE 3 page Printable for your planning!
You can print this PDF: Printable Planner – Save Money
And here is the list if you would like to print that out too (it’s not on the PDF)
Faithful Provisions has an amazing month by month listing of what’s on sale when, if you are interested in getting even more nitty gritty with your planning.
Do you have something you would add to this list? You can help others save by sharing this list.
Other ways to Save Money This Year: