A couple of weeks ago I was very privileged to go to an amazing Blogger Event in downtown Bellevue, WA at the Sheraton Hotel. Can I just say luxury deluxe!! I don’t even think I have ever stayed in a hotel as fancy, comfortable and friendly as the Sheraton was for our event.
We were spoiled rotten and treated like royalty! The event ~ Techlicious Holiday Tech and Travel Show was put on by Techlicious and Traveling Moms and if you are not familiar with them, you need to hop on over to there websites for all of your traveling and techie needs because if you need info..they’ve got it!!
I wanted to share with you the latest tech travel devices and travel tips for your next vacation that were generously shared with us at this event. These are guaranteed to keep you safe and having fun, not to mention staying connected while away.
The event started out with a meet and greet with Amazon, AT&T and Sheraton Hotel Reps. sharing their products and knowledge with us. I had never been to a technology event like this before and I loved it…because I LOVE technology! Yep this Grammy does! We of course got to mingle a bit too and I just love to meet other Bloggers!
Next the Reps. shared some great tips and products with us about traveling this holiday season. In my opinion these tips were invaluable to keeping our family connected, having fun and SAFE as we travel for sporting events.
The Sheraton shared these very important safety tips for….
How to Stay Safe on Public Hotel Wi-Fi:
- Be sure you know the name of the network that you are supposed to be connected to.
- Make sure that you connect to sites via HTTP ~ This can be a little confusing if you don’t understand how computers work BUT it’s super important because HTTP encrypts the data passed back and forth between your computer and the web server and keeps it away from prying eyes.
- Make sure you have 2 step verification for your accounts. ~ This may seem like a hassle but these days it’s super important to keep you from being hacked.
- Turn off File Sharing ~ You don’t want anyone getting into your files!
- Turn Wi-Fi off when you aren’t using it
I consider myself pretty tech savvy but didn’t know a couple of these important things! Then Techlicious and Traveling Mom “wined and dined us” I didn’t wine but I sure dined! LOL Check out this menu here and deeelish eats!
Want to know what those tubes of liquid are?! Peppermint to squeeze into the Chocolate Mousse and Green Apple to squeeze into the Green Apple Crumble! Oooooh it was deeelish! I was in Foodie heaven! Truly unique and did I say deeelish!
While we dined we were shown the latest traveling devices for making travel memorable and enjoyable for families. I have to say that I totally agree!
Amazon presented their new Kindle Fire for Kids and I was super impressed with the upgrades that they’ve done since first coming out. They have totally listened to it’s users and made HUGE improvements! My Grandson has a Kindle Fire (the older one) and my daughter loves it BUT she had a few complaints about it. Amazon addressed every single one of those complaints in this new Kindle Fire!
Here are some details:
- 2 year warranty! If something happens to the Kindle, Amazon has a no questions ask policy for replacing it! Pretty Amazing!
- Super Heavy duty case that is guaranteed to keep your Kindle from breaking! For real! The Amazon Rep dropped in on the floor…no he threw it on the floor and the Kindle just bounced! Yikes!
- 1 year of Amazon Free Time!
Super deal in my opinion!
The next techie device that was presented was this AT&T Unite Pro 4G LTE Mobile WiFi Hotspot ! A super cool way to be able to stay connected while traveling! You know all those spots that you can’t get Wi-Fi, well this little device totally solves that problems! My kids are in Wi-Fi heaven with this tech device.
Here are some of the deets on this device:
- You can have up to TEN devices connected to it! That’s pretty amazing!
- It only costs $99 and you pre pay so that you don’t run up a huge bill without knowing!
- Psst… you don’t have to have AT&T to use this device. It works with any phone, anytime. YAY!
- Your kids will LOVE this! That’s just my opinion of course because I have teens
Another super neat device is this Thinium Charge Ultra-Thin Portable Wall Charger My kids LOVE this too!
This charger charges super fast and you can take it along on trips because it has the USB for charging on your long road trips! Yay!
Yes my friends, we were totally spoiled at this event because you know what? They gave each Blogger all THREE of these techie devices for our personal traveling use!! Amazing!
Along with all of these latest tech travel devices Omaha Steaks generously gave all of us a $100 Gift Card! Not spoiled enough?! Well Hudson Henry Baking Co. gave us deeelish Good New Granola too! Ummm beyond deelish!!
I am so grateful that I was able to go, somehow I missed the sign ups for this event in our area BUT Meagan Shamy of Mommy Travels got me into the event at the very last minute! You Rock Meagan!!
What a fantastic day it was…I hope that learning about these devices and travel tips will help you to stay safe and having fun whether it’s a short sporting road trip or a trip across the country!