This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carton Smart. All opinions are 100% mine.
As the New Year is about to begin and Christmas is but a fleeting thought…sort of…I want to share a really fun little dessert snack, Pumpkin Hand Pies, that I made for the littles at our house around the holidays. You can serve them up for the New Year and feel truly good about this awesome product AND that your kids are eating healthy organic products along with helping the environment!
Pumpkin Hand Pies
So here’s a little secrect…I got the Stomach flu right before Christmas, before I was to put together a post for Tetra Pak AND get all of my other Christmas responsibilities done. Boo Hoo.
I got so behind in everything!
Instead of coming up with a new recipe I used the recipe that was on back of the Tetra Pak Organic Pumpkin Puree..just to see how it would turn out, and made these little Pumpkin Hand Pies..then with the leftover made a regular size pie! It was deelish!
With that being said I’m not going to share the recipe since it’s not mine to share..but I can tell you that it was very yummy and VERY low in sugar content!
Here are a few Yummy facts about Tetra Pak®:
- Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
- Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg!
- Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open. Keep your pantry neat and toss your can openers. , stackable and space saving.
- The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives.Product quality is exactly the way it was intended to be.
- Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans
- Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later
Can you tell why someone didn’t think of making these cartons before? They stack so nicely into my pantry…I love it!
Here are a couple of other products I received..
Don’t you love how small the Chicken Stock is? I also like the fact that the Cranberry Sauce comes in a really nice little loaf right out of the carton!
Just think if we all did just one small act..such as Become Carton Smart..we could change the world!
Check out the infograph below
See what I mean? We really could make a difference!
You can Follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest
You can follow all the latest at Tweet @CartonSmart #CartonSmart! They’ve got lots of holiday ideas and recipes to make your gatherings special…and healthy!
They would love to hear from you!