One day at a time is a great way to live our days isn’t it. Except when whatever we are going through is so painful that we can’t seem to make it for One whole “Day at a Time.” Be encouraged, if you are in the process of breaking an addiction or grieving a loss or other painful circumstances it’s totally ok to break those days down into hours and even minutes if you need to!
One whole day can seem very overwhelming, but we CAN make it for one whole minute or one whole hour!
It is not foolish thinking! Give yourself grace…God does! Those minutes and those hours add up to a day. Those days add up to weeks and weeks to months! Lean on the Lord for your strength. He is strongest when we are weakest!
2 Corinthians 12:9 “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” (italics mine)
Be weak, it’s just O.K.!
Now go do something good for yourself so that the time will pass more smoothly.
- take a hot bath
- call a friend
- go for a walk
- drink some nice soothing tea
- drink a cup of warm milk – yes it really does relax you 🙂
- if you have a hobby you haven’t done for a while, start again
- read a book
- sing at the top your lungs or scream at the top of your lungs..then be done 🙂
- try some journaling…get those feelings on paper…talk to the Lord about EVERYTHING! He can take it! Keep that journal in a private place.