Hi everyone! Life has been so busy around my house. As we come to the end of the school year we have been going on College Road Trips with my Son…he has been so undecided as to where to continue his education! Yesterday we went on a 10 hour drive across our state to see a University that he has been interested in. What does that have to do with Salisbury Steak with Frozen Burgers?
I’ll tell you what…this is a super duper quick and easy meal! It’s one of my hubby’s faves and since we buy Ground Beef in bulk and I love to make my own Homemade Hamburger Patties, I love to think up new ways to use those frozen burgers!
What in the world is Salisbury Steak anyway? Well it’s pretty much minced ground beef..in other words..a fancy little hamburger in the shape of a steak (some call it “the poor man’s steak), served with gravy and potato’s, noodles or rice.
and sooo let me introduce you to my easy peasy way to make….
Salisbury Steak with Frozen Burgers
- 2-4 Frozen Hamburger Patties
1 Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup
3/4 can Milk
1-2 tsp. Better Than Beef Bouillon (or to taste) Better than Bouillon is one of my favorite Bouillons to use for any of my gravies and soups. It’s made from REAL Roasted Beef and it is deelish! Definitely better than any of the others out there!
1-1 1/2 cups sliced Mushrooms
2-3 Tbls. Butter to Sauté Mushrooms in
Optional Seasoning Salt or Onions
&DirectiFirst make your “gravy” Stir into a skillet..Soup, Milk, Worsteshire Sauce, Bouillon, Seasoning Salt if using, Pepper and Onions (you could sauté the onions first if you like) Whisk and Heat to a simmer.
Then place Frozen Burgers in a skillet. No need to thaw first.
Cover with a lid and simmer for about 15. min.
While the “Salisbury Steaks” are simmering…
Sauté your mushrooms if you are adding these…oh please tell me you are because they are sooo good!
Melt your butter in pan on Med.- Med. High and then add Sliced Mushrooms…as many as you like or as little. Add more butter if you need to.
Once the Mushrooms start turning brown is when they are done…we like ours real brown. YUM!
That’s it my friends!
Serve along with Rice, Potatoes or Noodles!
Ummm we really did have a salad on the side it wasn’t totally carb city that night…almost though! HA!
One other little tip! If you want to make this even easier…by a bottle/can of gravy! It’s really ok..
- •2-4 Frozen Hamburger Patties
- •1 Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup
- •3/4 can Milk
- •Worsteshire Sauce
- •1-2 tsp.Beef Better Than Bouillon (to taste)
- •1-1½ cups sliced Mushrooms
- •2-3 Tbls. Butter to Sauté Mushrooms in
- •Optional Seasoning Salt or Onions
- First make your “gravy” Stir into a skillet..Soup, Milk, Worsteshire Sauce, Bouillon, Seasoning Salt if using, Pepper and Onions (you could sauté the onions first if you like) Heat to a simmer
- Then place Frozen Burgers in a skillet. No need to thaw first.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for about 15. min.
- While the “Salisbury Steaks” are simmering…Sauté your mushrooms
- Melt your butter in pan on Med.- Med. High and then add Sliced Mushrooms…as many as you like or as little. Add more butter if you need to.
- Once the Mushrooms start turning brown is when they are done
- Serve along with Rice, Potatoes or Noodles!
More Frozen Burger Recipes:
Cooking your Burgers in the Oven.
Linking up: Thrive at Home, Heart for Home, Homemaking Party, All Things Thursday, Inspire Us Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday, Pinworthy Projects, Made by You Monday, Recipe Sharing Monday, One Project at a Time, Growing Homemakers, Simple Supper Tuesday, Titus 2 Tuesday