Well I didn’t really know what to call this because sometimes I just make things up…and then what..I don’t really have an official name. LOL So I just called this the:
Easy Cheesy Chicken Nacho Bake
So this is how it goes…
- 2-3 cups Cooked Chopped Chicken (however big your family is)
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/2 cup Milk (makes the soup a little more saucy)
- 1-1 1/2 cups of your fave Salsa (just depends on how spicy you want it)
- 3-4 cups Cheddar Cheese (depending on your Cheesy taste)
- Tortillas (Corn or Flour)
- Nacho Chips
- Optional-Green or Red Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes, Green Onions, Lettuce (I serve all of these on the SIDE..picky eaters)
Mix together Chicken, Cream of Chicken Soup, Salsa and Milk
Spread 1/2 of mixture in the bottom of a 9X13 pan.
Top with 1/2 Cheese and then use as many Tortillas as you need to cover (I had 13 inch Tortilla’s in the picture so I only used two)
Then spread the rest of the Sauce over the Tortillas
Top with Cheese again
Like making a layered Lasagna..
Crunch up as much Nacho Chips as you like and add a little more Cheese on top
Cover and Bake in the oven for about 20 – 25 min at 375 degrees
Remove foil the last 5 minutes to get a yummy Crunchy Cheesy topping
~Pressed for time? Buy a cooked Whole Chicken from the store and debone! Or use frozen grilled Chicken!
~Use Corn or Flour Tortillas…Flour tortillas are a little more mushy when cooked..FYI..but still good!
~Use different flavored Nacho Chips for topping to add some new flavors and switch it up!
~Add different kinds of Salsa also..like a Sweet Pineapple/Mango..Yum!!
~Use different Cheeses also..like Monterey!
~Add Refried Beans if you want to this dish! (I usually serve this on the side too)
~Oh and you can easily cut this recipe in half or double