We just love Potatoes around here! They are so versatile and budget friendly that I wanted to show you all of the ways that we use them. Add all of these various ways to use them and you and your fam won’t get tired of them. Oh yes, I know everyone is cutting back on Carbs..but did you know that Potatoes are really good for you? They contain Potassium, Vitamin C and Vitamin B and Iron! Research is showing that they are more valuable in our diet than we think.
In my opinion..eat Potatoes in moderation and eat them LOTS of different ways. Your body and budget will thank you!
Budget friendly Potato Recipes
Mashed Potato Patties
These are super duper easy to make.
- 2 Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Optional – Bread Crumbs, Crackers (like Ritz or Club), Cereal (like crushed Corn Flakes)
- 1/2 tsp. or less Seasoning of your Choice – Garlic Salt, Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper
Making Mashed Potato Patties is like making Meatballs…sort of….
Mix and then add Bread Crumbs/Crackers/Cereal and mix some more…
Then just form into Patties like you would a hamburger
Then Fry until Golden Brown
YUM! These are deelish!
Now for LOTS more Budget Friendly Potato Recipes!
Some of these recipes are my own and others I have linked to other sites..simply for the sake that I haven’t taken pics of all of my Potato Recipes so I want to give credit to someone else since I don’t have mine written down and blogged about…I know..I get to cooking and forget!
- Potato/Hash Browns-Grate baked potatoes or cut into cubes and fry in lightly oiled nonstick pan. Season to taste.
- The Easiest Homemade Steak Fries
- Chili Fries- Make Homemade Steak Fries and put Chili and Cheese on to of them and eat!
- Au Gratin Potatoes / Scalloped
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Dill Red Potatoes – Simply cut up Red Potatoes (with skin on) and boil till just done. Toss with Dill, Butter, Salt and Pepper. YUM! Easy way to dress up plain potatoes.
- Mashed Potatoes – Boil and Mash any kind of potato…peeled or with skin on.
- Baked Club Chicken over Mashed Potatoes! YUM!
- Great post on how to do a Baked Potato Bar! Easy inexpensive Meal that everyone loves! Great for company too!
- Potato Salad recipe! YUM!
- Potato Casserole – Simply use 1 Bag of frozen Southern Style Hash browns (that’s the little cubes) Mix with 1 can of Cream of Chicken, 1/2 Can of Milk and add any veggies or meat you like. Put into Casserole pan and cook for 45 min. at 375 degrees. Simple and YUMMY!
- Baked Potato – Well no links here….I think you can figure this one out..
- Very Simple Recipe by Paula Dean for Making Homemade Potato Chips
- Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes – I make these all the time..and have some great variations..but I’ll share those another time. For now this is a super simple recipe and still tasty!
Enjoy your Potatoes this year…in moderation.
What are YOUR favorite ways to cook potatoes?
- •2 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- •1 Egg
- •1/2 Cup Optional – Bread Crumbs, Crackers (like Ritz or Club), Cereal (like crushed Corn Flakes)
- •1/2 tsp. or less Seasoning of your Choice – Garlic Salt, Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper
- Making Mashed Potato Patties is like making Meatballs…sort of….
- Add egg-
- Mix and then add Bread Crumbs/Crackers/Cereal and mix some more…
- Then just form into Patties like you would a hamburger
- Then Fry until Golden Brown
Linking up at these great parties!