25 Crafty Reasons you need to Grow Lavender …As I ran my hands through the fresh new buds of Lavender by my front door, I could smell the sweet aroma just rise up to meet my nose..I began to get anxious for them to bloom and then I thought..then what?! LOL
I’ve grown Lavender for many years BUT I don’t usually do a lot with it. I cut it and dry it..but that’s about as far as I get. I began to think of all of the things that I could make with Lavender and then I began to hunt around for some fun things to make!
My list grew so big I thought I would share with all of you! If you don’t grow Lavender, you are going to want to because here are…
Yep TWENTY FIVE totally amazing and fun crafts and recipes from around the net by some totally amazing Bloggers and Websites.
25 crafty reasons you need to grow Lavender!
Just to make things really fun, here are some fun Lavender facts you will definitely want to know!
- The scent of Lavender deters mice, flies, mosquitoes and other pests from the area.
- Use as a hair spritzer (Lavender Essential Oil mixed with Water) it deters lice! This honestly works! When my kids were little and I first put them into public school, I would give a light spritz every day on there hair and while many of the other kids got head lice, mine did not (of course, training my kids not to use others combs and where their hats was taught also!)
- Lavender helps promote sleep which makes it a common recommendation for an alternative treatment to insomnia.
- Lavender has a calming scent which makes it an excellent tonic for the nerves and anxiety issues. Therefore, it can also be helpful in treating migraines, headaches, depression, nervous tension and emotional stress
- Lavender is known to relieve various types of pains including those caused by sore and tense muscles. I’ve made homemade heating pads and added dried Lavender, it’s so relaxing and comforting. Want to make a Homemade Heating Pad?
Thank you Skimbaco Lifestyle! Homemade Lavender Soap
Homemade Lavender Soap by Rustic Farmhouse..Thank you!
Whipped Lavender Soap – Thank you day2day Super Mom!
I LOVE bath bombs because they are SO EASY to make! If you’re really not inclined to run around and gather your ingredients, here is a super deluxe kit that will have you making these luxurious bath bombs in minutes.
This would make a super great gift too! Add your fresh Lavender and awww a relaxing bath!
Gardeners Hand soap Thank you again day2day Super Mom!
Lavender Body Scrub Thank you Just a Pinch Recipes!
Homemade Lavender Coconut Oil Salt Scrub Thank you One Good Thing by Jillee!
DIY Lavender Mason Jar Candles Thank you A Pumpkin and A Princess!
Aww there is nothing more relaxing than having fresh smelling lavender soap on your kitchen sink or in the bath!
There are many easy soap making kits and Lavender is the star of them all. Soap is very easy to make and if you are not inclined to run to your local hobby store to gather your ingredients OR you simply want an easy to understand kit..these are your best bet.
These two kits are perfect for beginning Soap Makers! Once you learn how with a simple kit, you can then grow your own lavender and become a soap maker!
Lavender Cloud Dough by Growing a Jeweled Rose – Thank you!
No Sew Lavender Sachets – Thank you Stephanie Lynn under the table dreaming!
Lavender Infused Sugar Thank you to Sugar and Charm!
Lavender Eye Pillow by Centsational Girl – Thank you!
Egg Lavender shaped Soap – Thank you My rePurposed Life aka Rook No. 17
Lavender Heart Card Thank you Country Living!
Honey Lavender Bath Melts – by Happy Money Saver! Thank you!
Lavender Lemon Cookies Thank you – Strawberry Hedgehog!
Lavender Mint Bubble Bath – by Julie Banner @ Coordinately Yours! Thank you!
Lavender Garland by The DIY Club – Thank you!
DIY Lavender Dryer Bags – Thank you by The Mother Huddle!
Lavender Lemon Soap – Thank you oh so much A Pumpkin and A Princess!
Lavender Linen Spray by Design Sponge- Thank you!
Lavender Gel Air Freshener – Thank you to Everything Lavender!
Lavender Homemade Hair Detangling Spray another yummy thank you to Everything Lavender!
Lavender Bath Bombs – Thank you Homemade Gifts Made Easy!
Lavender Lemonade by Munchin with Munchkin! Thank you!
Honey Lavender Caramels by The Gilded Fork – Thank you!
Don’t you think those are the BEST 25 Crafty Reasons You Need to Grow Lavender!? If you have an awesome Lavender craft or recipe you would like me to add to this awesome list..just let me know and I’ll make it 26!
After reading about these amazing crafts and you are still craving more insights and uses for lavender you may enjoy these lavender books!
Enjoy and Be Blessed! v
PIN for later!
Guess what? It’s perfectly ok if you don’t want to grow Lavender…no really! You can simply BUY lavender supplies and STILL make these beeautiful crafts. It’s perfectly legal! LOL
So you need more time to do crafts right?! Here’s super easy way to cook your burgers!
Linking up with: these awesome parties!