Do you ever get that feeling of irritation around someone. You know that feeling where you just want to scream…possibly at them? I do! And if I find it happening too often with the same person…it’s time for me to re – evaluate my own heart.
If you are finding yourself growing unusually restless and irritated with someone.. Or maybe over reacting to simple things that might not otherwise bother you ..you could possibly have some unforgiveness in your heart toward them..
This could be a child, a spouse, a co-worker, a relative, a neighbor ANYONE..and it could be a small irritation. But those small irritations if gone unchecked can turn into a hardened heart! Little things have a way of becoming big things.
Or you may have some real deep anger and hurts that you just don’t seem to get rid of and you can’t stand to think of forgiving. Unfortunately this will definitely cause you to have a hardened heart and will effect ALL areas of your life.
Well here are 10 reasons to Forgive:
- It keeps us from bitterness..which will turn us into a very unpleasant person to be around and can even make us physically ill. Bitterness punishes you more than the person you are bitter toward.
- It brings you freedom – don’t be a prisoner of unforgiveness
- It brings the offender freedom – even if you don’t want them to have freedom
- It makes room for Love – have you ever tried to love people with unforgiveness in your heart..can’t do it.
- It gives us joy
- It gives us self control – forgiveness is a choice
- It heals you – physically, emotionally and most of all spiritually
- It shows that you are a safe person when others make mistakes and you can choose to forgive
- It restores relationships – even when you don’t care
- Because God has forgiven us and sent His Son to pay the ultimate price
It takes work to forgive, but it is well worth it. It’s hard to be all that God has created you to be if you have a hardened heart
“Be kind and Compassionate to one another,
Forgiving each other,
just as in Christ God Forgave you”
Is there someone you need to forgive today? I do..
Linking up with “The Better Moms Monday Link up“