Good morning! I’m so excited, because starting today I will be starting a series called 10 days of Proverbs 31 with 13 Godly Women and One Great God to bring you the Proverbs 31 Woman. I pray the Lord will bless you richly as you visit each one and see how personal our God can be in achieving Godly character in all of us and that the Proverbs 31 Woman really is not a myth but a Woman who fear’s the Lord and is to be praised….by the way…that’s YOU!
If you are not familiar with the Proverbs 31 Woman, I encourage you to read Proverbs 31:10-31
“She can laugh at the days to come” Proverbs 31:25b (that’s the second half of the verse)
I love it AND I laughed when I got the topic. I think God definitely has a sense of humor. Not until about 5 years ago did I understand what this “laugh at the days to come” really meant..deep in my heart. I remember reading this verse and saying “YES” to the Lord because it had finally become a reality in my life.
There are many kinds of laughter, aren’t there? As I prayed about this laughter subject many things came to mind…
- There’s the rolling on the floor laughter..like when someone tells us a funny joke..
- Then there is that silly kind of laughter that you get when you are with others and something just strikes all of you as funny and yet if a passerby were to ask? “what’s so funny?” they totally wouldn’t get it or would not think it was funny at all.
- Oh and there is that laugh we do when we don’t know what else to do, but laugh..even when we are dying inside..it’s the “Christian thing to do you know”
- There’s the prideful kind of laughter…like when we are laughing AT someone
- There’s the laughter that you feel when you see a sunset or kids playing so kindly together
- Then there is that laughter that only comes from deep within…you know the Joy of the Lord…kind of laughter…the kind of laughter that can never be shaken or taken away. A deep laughter that is so amazing it can only come from the Lord.
Laughter is a big topic and more serious than we think!
Does that make sense? Sometimes the hardships of this life make it hard to “laugh at the days to come” and yet it is totally possible to have this kind of deep laughter…deep joy.
Have a little chuckle for today and tomorrow we will dig deeper
Below is a list of the Women Contributing to this fantastic series..visit, grow and be blessed!
13 Bloggers, 13 Topics and ONE Great God!
Contributing to family income/ 2 Are Better Than 1
The Fear of the Lord/ Satisfied by Love
Using time wisely/ Blessed Beyond Measure
Taking care of needy/ Shadow Wonder
Using money wisely/ Jennifer Sikora
Beauty is Fleeting/ Monique Zackery
Keeping an eye on home/ Just a Glimpse
She can laugh at the days to come/ Faith Filled Food for Moms
Clothed in strength and dignity/ One Thing I’ve Learned
Taking care of others/ 2 Savvy Gals
Being Creative/ A Patchwork Mommy
Bringing Variety to Family/ Karen Dawkins
Extending your Hand to the Poor/ Women’s Fellowship House
Organization/ Teaching What is Good